On September 7, 1902 the Roanoke Rapids Methodist Church banded together 18 charter members under the leadership of the Rev. E.R. Welch. For the first while, a meeting place was shared with the Baptist church. In 1903, a small frame church was built on the corner of 11th and Henry Streets. This church burned in 1908 and the congregation met in the Band Hall until another church was erected on the corner of 10th and Jackson Streets. During this time, the church was under the supervision of First Methodist Church. In 1915, Rosemary, along with Smith and New Hope Methodist churches, became Rosemary Charge, independent of First Methodist. Rev. R. F. Taylor was the pastor. This combination was retained until 1940 when Rosemary became an independent charge. The congregation grew and Sunday School classrooms were added to this building until the present building was begun in 1952. (“Rosemary United Methodist Church – A Brief History” compiled by Dwight P. Berry)
Church built in 1903 on corner of 11th and Jackson Street. Church burned in 1908.